So you know those things that you rummage around your sewing room for because they are indispensibly useful - well, I've made you a video of my top 5 sewing room must haves.
EDIT *yes, I call the tweezers pliers HAHA, I know!*
Here it is:
These are my top five in a nutshell:
- Bobbin keepers - little rubber bungs for the top of your thread spools to keep thread and bobbins together and ready for action!
- Pinking Shears - Just the best thing since, well, normal scissors! Great for clipping curves and stopping fabric edges fraying. You won't regret investing in a pukka pair of pinkers!
- Bias Binder Makers - In various sizes for making your own bias binding. Just super clever and versatile with uses for many projects including quilting, dressmaking and of course Dolly Patterning!
- Long Tweezers - Think of them as a miniature pair of fingers for all those fiddly jobs under the machine. A million sewing room uses, I guarantee you'll wonder what you ever did without a pair! Especially useful for use with an overlocker.
- My Crochet Cactus Pincushion - CUTE, prickly and totally adorable. You can crochet your own - search 'crochet cactus' on pinterest or follow Dolly Pattern on Pinterest for more sewing fun and community chatter.